We’ve been testing personalised cold emails for the past week, and 40% of recipients are replying.
We haven’t practised cold emailing for a hot minute at K&J because our inbound game has been getting us more than enough work.
But with a downturn on the way, we thought we should test new ways to get clients so we have some backup options in case plan A fails.
One of those tests we’re running is cold emailing.
The industry standard reply rate for a cold email is 1% which isn’t very exciting and probably why we’ve left them alone for the past while.
So we’re pretty stoked with the 40% reply rate we’ve been getting.
Here’s how we’ve been killing it with cold emails.
- Personalised subject line
- Personalised email
- Offer no strings attached.
- Most make the cold email mistake of talking about themselves. Instead, you want to talk about how great the other person could be…. With your help, of course.This approach takes a little extra time upfront, but the 40x reply rate improvement is worth it on the back-end.
1. Cold outreach is way more effective when you personalise your approach and make it about them, not you.
- To find new growth channels, you need to take many shots at goal. We didn’t know if this would work, and now we’ve found a significant new growth channel.